Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Wedding Fitness

T minus a year and half (ish) until the wedding.

According to Boy, this means time to get in shape. Which means running.

Ouch.

Look, my people (Irish suburban band/literature geeks) do not run. There are countless reasons for this, not the least of which are: we often fall down, it creates stabby ouchies in our legs, it causes coughing for several hours afterward, and there are no books involved.

But I ran anyway. Because I said "yes." And that means we're in this together now. And I like that.

I like that things, for now, feel a little different. I guess that I wasn't really expecting that. Remember, Boy and I have been living in sin for more than 2 years now. That's about half of our relationship. So we did the "wow, we're together all the time now, let's do it!" phase. We did the "really? Do you have to take your shirts off inside out all the time?" arguments. (Sorry- I really do almost always end up with the shirts inside out... I don't even know how it happens!) So I figured that we were, for all intents and purposes, married already.

But this is something different. Good different. Great, in fact.

Seriously though, ouch.

Any tips for wedding fitness?

1 comment:

Josh H said...

Elliptical machines are great! We joined planet fitness for $20/month for both of us.